Cargill’s presence in Vietnam began when we set up our first representative offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in February 1995. Cargill Vietnam Limited was established in October 1995. Today, Cargill employs around 2,000 employees working at 23 sites across the country.
Products & Services
Cargill has activities in the following areas in Vietnam:
A Good Corporate Citizen of Vietnam
Responsible Business Practices
We are a responsible corporate citizen of Vietnam with a reputation for reliability, quality and service.
Awards and Recognition
Cargill’s economic and social contributions to Vietnam have been recognized on numerous occasions. They include:
- 2016: U.S. Secretary of State’s Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE Award) for the work done in the human rights space through our CARES activities as well as commercial work with farmers in the animal nutrition spaces.
- 2014: The Best Pig Feed Award was presented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development’s (MARD) to honor individuals and organizations for initiatives and the great contribution to the development of Vietnam’s livestock industry.
- 2014: The Best Product and Service Award was presented by the Vietnam Association of Rural Industry Small and Medium Enterprises (VARISME) for Cargill Compound Pig Feed.
- 2013-2014-2015: No. 1 Best Place to Work in Agriculture - Feed & Forestry Industry in Vietnam, ANPHABE Survey
- 2012 - 2013 - 2014: The Vietnamese High Quality Goods of Consumers’ Choice award presented by the Saigon Tiep Thi Magazine in collaboration with the Association of Enterprises of Vietnamese High Quality Goods
- 2012: Global G.A.P certificate - Dong Thap aqua feed plant received this certificate for its commitment to minimize detrimental environmental impacts of farming operations, reduce the use of chemical inputs and ensure a responsible approach to worker health and safety as well as animal welfare.
- 2012: Outstanding Innovation Products Awarded by Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2011: Social Empowement Award given by Enterprise Asia for corporate responsibility efforts
- 2010: Friend of the Vietnamese Farmer Award - The award recognizes product quality voted by farmers and the Board of Scientists. Cargill Animal Nutrition was one of only 30 Companies to win the award.
- 2009: Labor Order Class 3 – Awarded by the President of Vietnam, Cargill was the only foreign company to earn this highest government award for a business in Vietnam
- 2006, 2009, 2010, 2014: Golden Dragon Award for best performing Foreign Direct Investment companies in Vietnam
- 2007: Education Promotion Award from the Minister of Education and Deputy Prime Minister for school building efforts from the Minister of Education and Deputy Prime Minister for school building efforts
- 2005, 2006 and 2008: Golden Quality prizes at many Agriculture Fairs, Top 40 Products by the Saigon Times
- 1999: U.S. State Department’s Corporate Excellence award